Thursday, May 08, 2008

to be continued.. ..

pride is a very dangerous n damaging sin.. just look at wat happened to satan coz of pride? recently the Lord has opened my eyes to see how prideful i am.. it's nothing new, i've always been fully aware of my pride, even embraced it sometimes.. i mean who doesn't like the feeling of being some1 important? but throughout the years i've tried to hide it, control it, n i think it's time for me to fully surrender this weakness of mine in total abandonment to the Lord.. He has shown me just how ugly this pride has made me to become.. when we really think bout it, just imagine how disgusted God must be feeling everytime we brag bout something we think we have.. but in fact everything that we think we have, even this fragile life of ours was so graciously given by Him.. i really wonder how God can tahan us humans.. n u know wat? this blog has not helped me in this pride issue at all.. in fact it has only tempted me all the more to post up stuff to deceive ppl bout how "great" n "humble" i am.. i mean, wat's the point of blogging bout, for example, my day out wit friends watching movies (was thinking of blogging bout it) well deep inside, my motive of wanting to do so is to show every1 reading that i have plenty of friends, that i'm a person who knows how to have fun, that i'm cool.. n by doing so, i'm only feeding my pride.. it got so serious that everytime anything interesting happens, i'm alr thinking of how to blog bout it, n how this is gonna deceive ppl into thinking that i'm living a fairytale life.. when i first started blogging, i used the excuse of blogging as a means of telling old friends how i'm doing, wat i've been up to, n even as an encouragement to those reading it, in hopes of glorifying God in the events of my life.. but pride took over n i'm now writing to show off how "great" my life is.. so fellow blog readers, i apologize for all the deceit that i've been crapping in here.. ya, when we really think bout it, it's all just crap!! rubbish, isn't it? so until i've learnt to fully surrender this damaging pride of mine into His hands, i think it's best that i stop blogging for awhile.. plz pray for me ya.. i'm boldly coming out n sharing this coz i cant handle this myself, i need ur prayers.. thank u all for ur support..

3 comments:

hwei said...

thanks for the reminder, bel. T_T

Anonymous said...

Sharing.. u know.. sometimes does not seems like what it seems like.. like there is tonnes of faces for every single little thing.. so if u treat sharing as part of proud then it is pride, if u treat it as part of sharing then it is sharing because u care about the happiness that u have and afraid that nobody would remember it. proud got nothing wrong unless it hurts the people around you. God as well... The one that hurt people most would be one sided sharing.. where no wants want to listen to your sharing but wants you to listen to theirs

belyeong said...

hey thanks.. well i'm not normally so "drama" but wat made me decide to stop blogging for awhile was that my pride DID sorta indirectly hurt a dear freind.. the other day i was feeling very good n highly of myself n then God allowed something bad to happen to this friend.. i couldn't do anything to help her at all, the irony was that i assured to her if she needed any help, she could come to me, as if i was very great like that lah.. when she DID come to me for help i really couldn't do anything!! i've never felt so helpless b4 in my life.. so for God to remind me that every good gift is from above, this painful lesson was the kick in the buttock i needed to do something bout it.. well cont to pray for me ya, thanks